On Friday, June 7th, twenty Tampa Bay students were recognized with a Bright House Networks Future Leaders Scholarship for their stellar commitment to the community.
Each winner was recognized in a special ceremony at Tropicana Field before the Tampa Bay Rays took on the Baltimore Orioles. As friends and family cheered them on, each student was presented a laptop computer, compliments of Bright House Networks.
Winning students performed at minimum 50 hours of community service throughout the year while maintaining a GPA of 2.5 or better. Winners faced stiff competition, as Bright House Networks received more than 250 applications.
This is one way that we can encourage young people to give back to their community. We hope that volunteerism will become a lifelong commitment for these winners, and their peers.
- Andrew James Case – Palm Harbor University High School
- Caprece Thomas – Gibbs High School
- Michelle Taramona-Rendon – St. Petersburg High School
- Shivani Trivedi – East Lake High School
- Benjamin Knox – Plant City High School
- Emma Donahue – Plant High School
- Sija Chen – East Bay High School
- Amanda Carballo – Durant High School
- Kirslie Garcia – Hudson High School
- Tori Lynn Hughes – Pasco High School
- Carlos Juan Aleman – Lakeland High School
- Tabitha Rowell – Ft. Meade Senior High School
- Katelyn Schulze – Lecanto High School
- Eric Riser – Lecanto High School
- Adriana Garmendez – F.W. Springstead High School
- Janet Ho – Weeki Wachee High School
- Jose Yantos, Bayshore High School
- Jaclyn Aranibar, Lakewood Ranch High School
- Bhavesh Chavhan, Manatee High School
- Mackenzie Yaryura, Southeast High School
More information is available online about the Bright House Networks Volunteer Youth Awards.
Thanks for visiting the Bright House Networks Blog. We welcome you to participate in the conversation on House2House. Please note, any service-related concerns will not be resolved on the Blog. They will be addressed by our dedicated Customer Care team (select from above Online Care options). Also, to find out if a product or service is available in your area,