Whether you are looking for a great pair of boots for the fall, back to school clothes for your kids, or getting an early start on holiday gifts, the web is probably one of your best friends. With today’s hectic schedules, people are doing more of their shopping online every day. It has been predicted that US online shoppers will double to 132 million in the next five years. In a recent study, it was found that 19% of Internet users shop online at least once per week, and this number is expected to continue to grow.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a list of five online shopping sites to check out as you get ready to shop ’til you drop, from the comfort of your very own couch.
1. Shopzilla — Quickly compare prices from different online stores that sell items that you want. You can search a variety of departments, or refine your search by price range, brand and other distinguishing features. Merchant ratings, a series of scores based on consumer feedback, help with the decision-making. The site covers some 30 million products from 55,000 retailers nationwide.
2. Piperlime — Piperlime is a fresh online shop for women, men and kids. Think of it as your insider’s guide to the hottest shoes, handbags, apparel and jewelry, from all your favorite brands as well as up-and-coming ones too. Plus, don’t miss the exclusive tips and celebrity guest editors that will keep you “in the know.”
3. Zappos – One of the best places to buy shoes online. A massive selection of brands and types, and browsing is a breeze. Customer service is their touchpoint – free shipping is a standing offer and orders arrive quickly. Zappos also has a great Couture collection.
4. Woot — Looking for a great price on the latest consumer electronics products? Woot is the place for you! Woot focuses on selling cool stuff cheap and encouraging community discussion about that cheap stuff. The site unloads excess inventory of a single item each day at a steep discount. The item is available until it sells out, or until 11:59p.m. CT, whichever happens first.
5. Fits.me — Online shopping for the future. Fits.me virtual fitting room provides an online mannequin that replicates thousands of body types based on measurements provided by Internet shoppers. Consumers can then see how different items would look on their body before they buy. Fit.me has launched its virtual try-on tool initially with renowned U.K. brands Hawes & Curtis’ and John Smedley – thereby reducing the fear of “what am I going to do if I have to ship it all the way back to the UK?”
What are some of your favorite online shopping sites?
Thanks for visiting the Bright House Networks Blog. We welcome you to participate in the conversation on House2House. Please note, any service-related concerns will not be resolved on the Blog. They will be addressed by our dedicated Customer Care team (select from above Online Care options). Also, to find out if a product or service is available in your area,