Happy Digital Learning Day! Join us in celebrating this special day dedicated to giving “every child the opportunity to learn in a robust digital environment every day, with the goal of success in college and a career.”
Bright House Networks joins a variety of foundation, corporate, and non-profit organizations that work to expand broadband and education programs for children. Among Bright House Networks initiatives in this area are:
- Afterschool Programs: Working with the Afterschool Alliance and the Florida Afterschool Network, Bright House Networks conducts annual awareness campaigns to promote the benefits of afterschool programs to youth and families throughout its service areas. Locally, Bright House Networks supports prominent afterschool program providers like the Boys & Girls Clubs. When kids are engaged and in a safe place during those critical hours between 3-6 p.m., crime goes down and graduation rates go up. Bright House Networks has focused on providing resources for children across all of their service areas. In addition to their financial commitment, Bright House Networks has provided High Speed Internet, Digital TV, promotional on-air advertising and scholarships to afterschool providers. To date, Bright House Networks has given nearly $2 million to the Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Cable in the Classroom: Bright House Networks is committed to investing in education and our children’s future. From teaching online safety to children and parents, providing scholarships and laptops to college-bound high school seniors and recognizing and rewarding teachers for engaging students with new technologies in the classroom, Bright House Networks has been a leader in supporting education and teachers. Bright House Networks continues their partnership with Cable in the Classroom to promote digital citizenship. And, through the Bright House Networks 21st Century Star Teacher Awards, Bright House Networks has recognized more than 250 highly creative teachers who use Cable in the Classroom resources to promote digital citizenship, safety, literacy, and ethical behavior online.
- Classroom Innovators Grant Program: The Classroom Innovators Grants is an ongoing program to assist innovative educators with classroom needs. The program is available to educators who teach K-12 curriculum at public and private schools or at an afterschool nonprofit program that are within Bright House Networks service areas. Recipients are eligible to receive up to one grant per year, of no less than $250 and no greater than $500, to assist in their efforts to move students toward a brighter future through innovative learning. Multiple grants per cycle may be awarded within a Bright House Networks service area. http://www.brighthouse.com/corporate/about/classroom-innovators
- Connect2Compete: Bright House Networks is a partner in the nationally recognized and supported program, Connect2Compete, which provides low-cost, discounted broadband Internet service to qualified households with at least one child in grades K-12.
- Future Leaders Scholarship Program is a technology scholarship program designed to recognize high school seniors in good standing in the Bright House Networks service areas for their contributions to their schools and local communities. Bright House Future Leaders will be named based on community service activities, leadership skills and an essay describing the importance of leadership and community service. Bright House Future Leaders winners will be awarded a computer laptop, software and carrying case.
- StudentCam: Every year, Bright House Networks partners with C-SPAN on StudentCam, in which 6-18 students in Bright House Networks service areas are honored annually for creating short video documentaries on issues that affect our communities and nation. Bright House Networks also helps prepare today’s youth for tomorrow’s workplace. They partner with programs like the Emma L. Bowen Foundation — created in 1989 to prepare minority youth for careers in the media industry — and Junior Achievement — the world’s largest organization dedicated to educating students about workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy through experiential, hands-on programs.
Join us as we celebrate cable’s continued support for digital learning and all of its components.
Thanks for visiting the Bright House Networks Blog. We welcome you to participate in the conversation on House2House. Please note, any service-related concerns will not be resolved on the Blog. They will be addressed by our dedicated Customer Care team (select from above Online Care options). Also, to find out if a product or service is available in your area,