At Bright House Networks, we have a longstanding tradition of serving our customers by also supporting the communities in which you work and live…after all, we live here too. Each year, we invest our time and financial resources in more than 600 organizations to help keep our kids safe, our business communities economically healthy, and to help educate and develop our youth – our next generation of leaders.
This holiday season, we were thrilled to continue our 12 Days of Giving to lend a hand to the different charitable organizations in your community that provide help in the following areas:
- Food for the Hungry
- Shelter for the Homeless
- Companionship and Assistance for Seniors
- Military Personnel Deployed Overseas
- Families in Need.
We invited more than 150 organizations to participate from throughout all of our service areas in five states. 58 organizations accepted our invitation to participate. These 58 organizations were able to share in $100,000 this holiday season.
In order to help as many charities as possible, we carved up our service area into ten regions to award the local prizes for most votes in each area. We awarded first ($3,000), second ($2,000), and third ($1,000) place prizes in each of these ten regions. The five charities with the most votes went on to compete in a second round of voting for additional dollars at $1 per vote. In total, your votes helped 27 charities earn one of our major awards! Every charity that participated also received a special holiday donation of $685.
Thank you for voting, and helping us make this holiday season a little brighter for our friends in need! With the help of all of our partner organizations’ friends and supporters, and our fans, we had more than 22,000 votes cast on our Facebook 12 Days of Giving App.
After 22,000 votes cast, here are the results of this year’s 12 Days of Giving:
Top 5 Charities
- Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue
- Turning Points
- The Animal Coalition of Tampa (ACT)
- The Humane Society of Polk County
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
First Place Regional Charities
- Aging Matters in Brevard
- Back on My Feet
- Halifax Urban Ministries
- Humane Society of Elmore County
- SPCA of Central Florida
- Tail Wagger’s 1990
Second Place Regional Awards
- Abilities Foundation
- Alianza de Mujeres Activas
- Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation
- Community Action Partnership of Kern County
- Feeding Children Everywhere
- Hubert Fortier-O’Grady VFW Post 345
- Metropolitan Ministries, Inc.
- The Julian Center Inc.
Third Place Regional Awards
- Healing Heroes Network
- Horizon House, Inc.
- Kern County Toys for Tots
- Methodist Children’s Home Society
- The Salvation Army Orlando Area Command
- Trinity Cafe
- Volunteers In Service to the Elderly
- Volusia Flagler Family YMCA
Honorary Holiday Donations
- Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault
- Bakersfield Homeless Center
- Beth Dillinger Foundation Inc.
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake and Sumter Counties
- Clearwater Martin Luther King Jr. Neighborhood Center Coalition
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
- Coalition for the Homeless of Pasco County
- Community Aging & Retirement Services Inc. dba Cares
- Community Food Bank of Citrus County
- Dayspring Center Inc.
- ECHO of Brandon Inc.
- Edna Martin Christian Center
- Exceptional Family Center
- Faith Neighborhood Center Inc.
- Greater Brandon Community Foundation Inc.
- Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Tampa Bay Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Indianapolis
- Help Us Help U, Inc.
- Homeless Emergency Project – Hep
- Hope Family Services Inc.
- Humane Society of Manatee County
- Manatee County Habitat for Humanity
- Meals on Wheels
- Mission in Citrus Inc.
- People Helping People in Hernando County, Inc.
- Southeastern Guide Dogs Inc.
- SPCA Tampa Bay
- Suncoast Center, Inc.
- The Salvation Army of Clearwater/Upper Pinellas County
- The Volunteer Way
- YMCA of The Suncoast
Thanks for visiting the Bright House Networks Blog. We welcome you to participate in the conversation on House2House. Please note, any service-related concerns will not be resolved on the Blog. They will be addressed by our dedicated Customer Care team (select from above Online Care options). Also, to find out if a product or service is available in your area,